The most important resource that every individual need daily is fuel. There is no secret that the price of fuel is continually climbing and there is no estimated date when the price will come down. As such you have to be very smart and know how to save the fuel cost before you reach the petrol pump. Thus, using a fuel card instead of cash or credit is one such smart option.
Let’s first understand what is the fuel card. A fuel card is a type of card that allows you to fill up fuel at the petrol pump within the network of the company. With the use of this card, instead of paying the price of the fuel on cash or with a credit/debit card, you can simply present the fuel card to the cashier of the petrol pump and your bill of the fuel will be paid.
There are many companies which nowadays have started to provide fuel cards to their employees especially to the sales boy and marketing personnel to control the fuel cost and manage the expenditure of the company. In such a case, the employee just needs to handover the fuel card to the cashier of the petrol pump after filling up the petrol and the company will be billed directly. All that the employee has to do is to collect the receipt and give it to the HR department of the company.
Advantage of using the quick fuel card
There are a lot of companies that provide fuel cards such as quick fuel is one renowned company which serves the fuel cards to several people in the United Kingdom. Fuel card provides a lot of advantages and before availing a fuel you must know about these advantages which are given as follows:
- Fuel Discount: Most of the fuel card comes with a huge discount. If you will use cash or credit /debit card at the petrol pump for paying the price of the fuel then you will certainly miss the big fuel discount and thus losing a great opportunity to save your valuable money. Again fuel card does not charge any annual fee like a credit card and so you can use as much as you need.
- Fuel theft protection: Using the fuel card is certainly the safest way to fuel up. Travelling with cash for the payment of fuel charge is always a risk as you can be robbed at any time. But when you will pay the fuel cost by fuel card you only need to provide a special PIN or your company’s DOT number. Thus when you will pay the cost of your fuel by fuel card you do not need to travel with cash and hence you will not be robbed. Even if someone stole your fuel card then you can either cancel or deactivate your stolen card immediately just by a single phone call to the customer care of your fuel card provider.
- Control fuel cost: When you will purchase the fuel card you will have more control over the fuel expense. You can certainly set a limit on your fuel purchase and can monitor it from time to time. Apart from that, you can also select how to reload your fuel account. You can deposit some cash into your fuel account and get it approved for the fuel credit line from the card provider.
Steps to use the quick fuel card
Some people think that the use of quick fuel card is quite complex but it is not actually so. In fact, everybody can use a fuel card and you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Arrive at the petrol pump that is within the network of your card service provider.
- Fuel up your vehicle with the amount of the fuel that your vehicle requires.
- Handover your fuel card to the cashier of the petrol pump along with your point card.
- The cashier will ask you for the VRN (Virtual Retail Network) and this VRN will be provided to you at the time of purchasing the fuel card.
- After that, the cashier will ask you whether you want to record mileage. This option is totally optional and it is up to your choice.
- Then the cashier will swipe your fuel card for the payment.
- Once the payment will be authorized the cashier will ask you to sign the transaction.
- Then the cashier will give you back the fuel card along with the receipt.
This is all that you have to do for using fuel card at the petrol filling station and as you have seen using fuel card is quite easy and convenient. Thus, many people especially companies are embracing fuel cards to manage their fuel expenditures.